Product Design Manager - Mechanical (Palo Alto, CA)
Are you looking for a challenging role designing future consumer electronic, medical and other products? Do you thrive in a small company environment?
Sparkfactor Design is a Silicon Valley Product design and consulting firm. We are called on to guide product design and implementation for fortune 500 companies and start ups.
We are looking for a technically skilled, results oriented, entrepreneurial Senior ME to join our team. You will be interfacing with a variety of resources, venders, and clients so excellent written and oral communication skills are a must.
- Manage a team of 3-7 personnel across multiple projects.
- Project Management: Scheduling, identify milestones, and budgeting.
- Technical management, guidance, hands-on contributions, & mentoring.
- Client/vender relationship building and team leadership.
- Process Development and Improvements.
Our ideal candidate will have a B.S. or M.S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Design with 7+ years of related professional experience in the following areas:
- Demonstrated ability to manage Engineering and ID.
- A track record of bringing new products to production on schedule and in budget.
- Worked on the complete product life cycle: architecture, conceptual design, detail design, vender interface, manufacturing bring up, and quality monitoring.
- Experience applying engineering principles to design. i.e. FEA, thermal analysis
- Experience designing complex parts and assemblies, with a high level knowledge of manufacturing processes and a high level use of 3D CAD (ProE, Solidworks, or UG)
- Experience interfacing with clients and building relationships.
Please tell us why you are a great candidate for this role and send a resume and examples of project work < 5MB to
Compensation: competitive and DOE.
Benefits: medical, dental, 401k, holidays, and vacation.
Principals only, recruiters please do not contact us.
Please no phone calls about this job.